JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Up on turning hot water no supply of hot water surging noise

Customer Question

up on turning hot water no supply of hot water surging noise coming from boiler which is situated in loft codes f7/f8 flashing whitch says fan signal fan out of range would this stop the supply of hot water central heating working fine boiler is a solaris 24/30 pre-mix comb boiler
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Hi Leonard,

I would have expected a fan fault (f7/8) to cause an issue with both HW and CH, you may find the boiler is not working efficiently and therefore you not noticing it with the CH, but the HW is more noticeable if it doesnt get up to temp.

I would certainly look to get a gas safe engineer out to check the boiler, clear the fan fault then see where you are, since the only other fault I can foresee is a failed solenoid or valve, but again that would still need a gas safe engineer to strip down the boiler.

Should you wish me tor recommend someone in your area please provide me with your postcode.

JAmes

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
can you recommend a engineer post code s458de
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Due to the time of year your looking at around £100 an hour to get an engineer to attend.

I would recommend using Plumbforce on 01246 384470, they normally have same day call out available.

If you can wait until next week you can try Lowe' Services on 01773 300681, they charge around £65 an hour.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Hi Leonard,

Appreciate it you can rate the service received using the star rating on the JA page.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.
Hi Leonard,Appreciate it you can rate the service received using the star rating on the JA page.ThanksJames
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Hi Leonard,

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.
Hi Leonard, Appreciate it you can rate the service received using the star rating on the JA page. Thanks James
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Hi Leonard,

James