JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Homark dual zone electric oven Model 02702103 Ovens keep

Customer Question

Homark dual zone electric oven Model 02702103
Ovens keep cutting out when set
Knobs get hot when ovens on for period of time
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Hi Marilyn,

When you say the oven cuts out, does it trip the fuse, or does it just stop heating, do the lights go off on the front, and at what point does it come back to life?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Does not trip fuse - stops heating - lights go off - about 3-5 minutes, sometimes longer
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Ok so the fault is local to the oven, and then comes back on by itself.

Does the fault occur only when it gets on, and how long does it have to be running before the fault occurs, finally does the fault occur if using the grill or just on the oven?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Just the ovens
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.
I think you looking at a faulty control board if the fault doesn't occur when using the grill. Since the grill uses the same thermostat as the oven.
If you would like me to recommend a engineer in your area please prove your postcode.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The grill also cuts out
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

If the grill cuts out then its likely to be the thermal cut or thermostat the oven which is at fault and causing the oven to overheat and then cut out.

Since the thermal cut out is designed to stop it overheating beyond safe limits.

The next step would be to get an engineer to attend who can then test the thermostat and thermal cutout to find out why they are not working properly, and from there replace the parts.

In most cases a thermostat is around £15

If you would like me to recommend an engineer in your area please provide me with your postcode.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Name of local engineer - WD18 7SH
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Hi Marilyn,

I would highly recommend using AB Appliances, they are local and very reasonable, and customer who we have referred to them have always been very positive.

They charge £55 labour cost (including vat and call out).

You can contact them on 01923 818474

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance, and appreciate if you can rate the service received today.

James

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Phoned Appliances and as I thought the oven is so old (20 yrs) that there are no parts available
so will have to think again, thanks for your help