JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Ive recently upgraded my mobile phone from an L90 to a K8

Customer Question

Hi There
Ive recently upgraded my mobile phone from an L90 to a K8 and have tried to to transfer my data wirelessly using LG Backup. Unfortunately not all the data has transferred over using this method especially text contacts and whatsapp contacts/groups. I contacted the Virgin Media telephone support service and they suggested that I should use LG Bridge to transfer the data to get better transfer results.
Is this the best method to get complete transfer of data from my old phone to the new one or have you any other suggestions?
thanks
Mike
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Hi Mike,

I would suggest you best option is to go to your local virgin mobile store (a list of locations be found here).

They have a data transfer tool which can do this for you, and is far more effective than trying to do a backup and restore.

Other than the LG bridge, I would plug both phones into USB and manually move the files over, however have had mix success doing this as Whatsapp isnt really built for migrating messages due to it working 'offline' and storing messages locally.

I would also advise to keep aware from other shareware \ free transfer software these cause more issues than they resolve when it comes to data migration.

Please let me know if you have any follow on questions.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Hi Mike,

Just wanted to follow up to see if you have any further questions, and ask if you can rate the service received today.

Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Good morning Mike, I just wanted to follow up to see if you need anything else, and ask you rate the service received using the star rating on the page.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.
Good morning Mike, I just wanted to follow up to see if you need anything else, and ask you rate the service received using the star rating on the page.RegardsJames
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Hi Mike,

So I can close the case I would appreciate it, if you can rate the service received using the star rating on the question page.

James