JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My OKO_Favorit 60750 VI will not start, the light is on in

Customer Question

My OKO_Favorit 60750 VI will not start, the light is on in the dishwasher so its not an electrical fault. The on off light is not on
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Hi Jane,

This sounds like a PCB fault which controls the dishwasher, if your not seeing any of the lights flashing.

Before going down the route of replacing parts, have you switched the power off at the wall left it for 10 minutes and then turned it back on?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I switched on and off but did not leave for 10 mins I will do that now
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Let me know how you get on, if this doesnt recover the situation the next step would be to get an engineer if you provide me with your postcode I can recommend a suitable engineer in your area, however your looking around £60 in parts for a replacement PCB.

So this may not be an economical repair.

James

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It did not work, if the PCB needs replacing shouldn't the light not come on as well, see it costs £115 pls the repair engineers costs
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

You can buy the un-programmed PCB for about £60-80, but would need an engineer to attend to program it or you can pick up a programmed PCB for around £110-130

It may just be the relay on the PCB at fault, so its showing power but not starting the sequence, or it may be a faulty IC (integrated circuit chip) which isnt detecting your input.

As such I think this type of repair would be uneconomical, as your looking at best part of the cost of a new dishwasher, if you would like me to recommend an engineer to attend, please provide me with your postcode.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks but I have ordered a new dishwasher today
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

No problem, appreciate if you can rate the service received using the star rating on the page.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Good morning Jane, I just wanted to follow up to see if you need anything else, and ask you rate the service received using the star rating on the page.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.
Good morning Jane, I just wanted to follow up to see if you need anything else, and ask you rate the service received using the star rating on the page.RegardsJames
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
As I said I have orders a new one so thanks for your help but there is nothing more to do or say
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Thank Jane, please rate the service using the star rating on the page, so I can close the case.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Jane I would appreciate it if you can please rate the service using the star rating on the question page, as this is the only way I am able to receive payment from Just Answer.

James