KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a DSFN 1532w. No water. Hold the cancel button and

Customer Question

Hi. I have a DSFN 1532w. No water. Hold the cancel button and wash and dry button light. Saw a previous thread for a different model...taken the white plastic bottom bit off but there's just another gray plastic panel...was hoping to find a drain pump? Continuous Low rumbling sound but no water...any ideas? Thanks
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just answer .... I hope you would have tried to clean the pump filter and, also would have removed the mesh filter and cleaned the inside of the impeller cavity. If you have already cleaned the filters then you need to check drain pump assembly.

I hope you have already removed the kick plate, now you need to pull out the dishwasher. Make sure your dishwasher is unplugged before you attempt any repairs.
You would be able to see drain hoses connected to the drain pump and there would be a drain motor in near vicinity.
You would now need to remove the hoses and check for any possible blockage. You can twist the pump and remove it.
Try and check whether pump impller turns fine and if it is resisting turns then it means drain pump needs to be replaced.
Now put the hoses and pump together and, plug the dishwasher and check.

Good luck
________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi. Taken the tube off that feeds water in...that's fine. How do we remove the gray waste pipe pump? Appears to go inside the machine...these r the only 2 pipes
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've attached a pic of the back of the machine

It needs to be removed from the inside. If I'm not wrong this grey pipe is connected with pump using a clamp, so, don't try to pull it from outside. Please check the clean filter and check for any blockages in drain pump assembly.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The inside of the dishwasher is a sealed unit...can't find any point to access the pope...should I remove the silver plate on the back of the machine on the outside?

The picture you have attached is back of the dishwasher. You can gain access to pump by removing front kick panel of the dishwasher. And, then follow the steps in my initial post to remove the pump.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This is the front...kick plate removed...grey plastic panel remaining...can't see any pipes??

Ok, I thought you would have removed the grey one as well. There are two clips and I believe two screws underneath hold this facia plate, please remove it to access the pump.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Had to go in underneat the machine...removed the gray pipe from the pump...can't physically see any blockages...how can I check for blockages further along the pipe??

the pipe looks pretty clear unless there's something deep inside. Try and pour some water inside the pipe and check if it goes through the other end. The other thing to check is the filter attached on top of the drain pump assembly and the impeller assembly on top of motor.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Unfortunately, put it all back together and is still not working. Thank you for trying but think will have to call someone now