Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My panasonic NR-b54x1-wb fridge not working flashing 8 all

Customer Question

my panasonic NR-b54x1-wb fridge not working flashing 8 all the time
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: re st temps just does not get cold
Expert:  Michael replied 9 days ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your fridge?

Also is there any heavy frost inside the freezer, on the rear wall?

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
2 yer no defrosted freezer it as to evps one in freezer one it fridge
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
you no the panasonic NR-b54x1-wb
Expert:  Michael replied 8 days ago.

Thanks for that info.

Can you check the compressor and let me know if it will run?

It is in the back behind the fridge under the lower access panel.

If it is running, it will be warm to the touch, also the lines running to and from it? One will be cold, the other pretty warm.

Please let me knwo what you find there.

Also were there any power outages, or storms just prior to this issue?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
the freezer down to -20 but no fridge working +8 flashing
Expert:  Michael replied 8 days ago.

Thanks,

Is there any excess frost on the inside rear wall of the freezer?

Also can you feel any cold air coming into the fridge on the right side up op where the air gate(vent is?)

And does the fan in the freezer run?

The issue will be one of these situations;-)

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
there tow evaps on this yes fan running in freezer there is no damper on this unit
Expert:  Michael replied 8 days ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** any heavy frost inside the freezer on the rear wall?

On this model, the same parts make the cold for the fridge as well.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
no frost and the fridge as it on evap
Expert:  Michael replied 8 days ago.

Usually this turns out to be a defrost issue and possibly a bad defrost component that needs to be replaced. Even if you dont see the heavy ice or frost, the cold coils behind the inside rear wall in the freezer are iced up, making the cold not able to get to the fridge side efficiently.

I will recommend defrosting this one for 24 hours with the doors open so it can fully defrost properly.

Then it will likely work fine for a few weeks and the condition may not even re occur.

But if it does, all you need to do is contact me and I will walk you through the tree parts I recommend you replace at that time.

Once you rate my service kindly, you will have free access to me for 30 days, so we can be sure its all ok.

The only other thing this could be, and it is rare, is a bad or broken fan blade inside the freezer behind the wall.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
you cant help me then
Expert:  Michael replied 8 days ago.

Yes I am helping you, but you need to follow the same steps I would, in the feild at work.

If you have a heat gun or a blow dryer and some basic hand tools you can do this in a few hours rather than wait all that time.

Also I recommend unplugging your fridge for at-least 1 full hour so the system can reset itself. Likely one of these solutions will work.

Expert:  Michael replied 8 days ago.

It is highly doubtful there is anything else wrong as there is nothing else that normally would cause this, but an internal inspection would help. If you aren't that handy with these things, you would need an engineer to do this all for you. but if you feel confident in your mechanical ability, I am here to help. I get compensated only for my time and expertise, so please rate kindly, there is no additional cost for that;-)

Also once you do that, you have access to me free for the next 30 days so we can continue if needed.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Sincerely

Tech Michael,

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
theres no frost there to defrost and the freezer dose not fed the fridge its got it evap in the fridge like the sansung rah1
Expert:  Michael replied 8 days ago.

So yours, has a separate cooling unit and compressor for the fridge?

Expert:  Michael replied 8 days ago.

Are you handy enough to perform come testing and some checks for me?

And do you have a meter and the tools for the tests?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
no there is 3 why vale no it
Expert:  Michael replied 8 days ago.

Hi, Ok, yours has a cold valve for that, one compressor I got it, now I knwo which one you have lol. Listen, the source sites I use, for reference have been a little screwy the past few days, with incorrect model #'s here and there. Not the norm I assure you ;-)

Expert:  Michael replied 8 days ago.

Yours has a bad valve or a bad main control board for certain.

Unfortunately, you can not do that type of work without the license and the Freon to re charge the system. If you have all that and feel confident in your ability to work on this, I will surely go further with you, I will go all the way with you no extra cost.

Anyway, please let me know?

Sincerely

Tech Mike