Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Indesit Tumble Dryer IS31V (UK) will not reverse dry the

Customer Question

My Indesit Tumble Dryer IS31V (UK) will not reverse dry the time goes by and when that cycle does back to dry the other way it will start again.
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.

Sorry i dont really understand what you have said above

''will not reverse dry the time goes by and when that cycle does back to dry the other way it will start again''

Is the drum stoping and reversing at all during the cycle?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The Drum stops and does not do the reverse action at all, I guess that the time the machine is stopped is when the reverse cycle should be working, after around 5 minutes the machine starts again -it just stops when it should be doing the reverse action.
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.

Ok theres 2 things that can cause this, Either the motor itself of the timer.

To be honest with you this is more then likely the timer thats causing this. But if you have a multi meter you can check the motor and rule it out.

You need to remove the outer casing and then from there you will see the motor at the bottom.

There will be 3 wires there.

You need to test between all 3 wires and you should get a reading between all 3. If yo dont then the motor is the fault and will need to be replaced.

But if the motor checks out all ok then the timer is the fault and would need to be replaced here.

But for the fault you have here its more then likely the timer is the fault here.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.

I see the question is still open. Do you still need help on this? If so then just get back to me.

If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.