KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a Bosche HBN9360GB/05 wall oven. The larger lower

Hello There,
I have a Bosche HBN9360GB/05 wall oven. The larger lower oven door does not close properly. I have removed the door and replaced it without improving matters. fitting in the oven on the left side is slightly loose, but the fixing screw is tight, but it still moves a little. Does the bottom part of this fit into a retaining slot?
Your advice would oblige.
Colin
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 11 days ago.

Hi, welcome to Just answer .... You can try removing the door again and putting it back together by following the instructions in line. However, if the door still seems to be loose on the left hinge then the hinge needs to be replaced. To replace the hinge you would need to detach the door from oven and, place it on a flat surface. Now you would need to remove the inner glass before you can go about replacing hinge. Follow the instructions to remove/install door glass.

Detaching the door
1.Open the oven door fully.
2.Fold up the two locking levers on the left and right.
3.Close the oven door as far as the limit stop. With both hands, grip the door on the left and right-hand sides. Close the door a little further and pull it out.

Attaching the door
Reattach the oven door in the reverse sequence to removal.
1.When attaching the oven door, ensure that both hinges are inserted straight into the opening
2.The notch on the hinge must engage on both sides
3.Fold back both locking levers. Close the oven door.

Removal of door glass
1.Detach the oven door and lay it on a cloth with the handle facing down.
2.Pull off the cover at the top of the oven door. Press in the tabs
on the left and right using your fingers
3.Lift the top panel up and pull it out
4.Lift the panel up and pull it out

Installation of door glass
During installation, make sure that the lettering "top right" is upside down at the bottom left.
1.Insert the panel at an angle towards the back .
2.Insert the top panel at an angle towards the back into the brackets. The smooth surface must face outwards.
3.Put the cover back in place and press on it.
4.Attach the oven door.
Do not use the oven again until the panels have been correctly installed.

________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hello Kevin,
Thanks for your swift response, but to just double check:
The top (and smaller oven) door snaps closed, but the bottom door makes a floppy closure and is not a tight fit. Could it be that the springs have weakened on both sides? The top oven is rarely used compared to the bottom and I suspect that the hinge pairs are the same top and bottom?I cannot remember, but I believe that we have had this oven for some 15 years. Certainly the bottom oven seal needs replacing.Your thoughts please.KR
Colin
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Sorry, but didn't respond to my question about the retaining unit that the hinges connect to. all three others don't move, but the bottom left has some movement. The screw fixing it is tight, but there is movement at the bottom of the "socket". Should this be in a retainer as there is no bottom screw?KR
Colin

Is over door seal snapping out? If door seal is snapping out then without any further delays should be replaced. However, if door appears to hang a little towards left then it could either be a door hinge or door hinge receiver.

I believe replies crossed, yes you are correct it could either be a door hinge or a door hinge receiver. You can buy replacement parts from here.

Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 8 days ago.

I hope my solution helped you to resolve the issue with your appliance. If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you.
Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied. Thanks!

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hello Kevin,i have ordered the hinges and the seal in the hope that that is the fix my issues, but as they are yet to arrive (hopefully tomorrow) I woukd rather hold off on closing the case. I hope that is OK with you?
KR
Colin

It's fine Colin, please do let me know if you need any more help. Cheers!

KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years