Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I HAVE A BOCH TUMBLE DRYER WTE86304GB/05. IT SHOWED CODE F11

Customer Question

I HAVE A BOCH TUMBLE DRYER WTE86304GB/05.
IT SHOWED CODE F11 AND I SOLDERED NEW CONNECTORS FOR THE MAIN 'IN' FOR THE CONTROL BOARD.
REFITTED ALL AND NOW WHEN I SWITCH ON, THE PANEL DOES NOT LIGHT UP, BUT BLEEPS AND SHOWS F08 ON THE LED SCREEN.
HAVE I FORGOTTEN SOMETHING.?
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

F08 normally suggests a faulty door sensor.

If you have soldered a connection to the PCB did you take care to ensure electromagnetic protection of the IC on the board?

Secondly, what was the reason for you soldering new connectors, was this part a replacement PCB?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I soldered new connectors because when the drier bleeped and showed F11 and did not work, I pressed on the plug (feed) to the PCB and it worked as long as I kept the pressure on the connector.
Not heavy pressure. Pushed an old bottle cork in sideways and that did it. Also I did not solder to the board. I soldered connectors to the wires going to the board. Electro magnetic does not apply.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 8 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I e-mailed this morning saying that I assumed there was no charge as you could not help.
I guess that cancels it.
Martyn.