KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a noisy tuble dryer, it is Indesit IDV75, I can feel

Customer Question

Hello, I have a noisy tuble dryer, it is Indesit IDV75, I can feel a rubbing when i turn it by hand and think it is coming from something jammed bettween the drum and the front plastic part which houses the filter, ( I don't think it is the bearing so wanted to checked this section first). Can I remove this to chek if anthing is jammed ? I have undone 4 screws at the front but its dose not feel free to remove
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 8 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just answer .... Is it like a metallic scrapping noise or is it like a rumbling/squeaking noise? Asking this as I would like to understand whether there's a fault in drum or if a coin or something similar is stuck between drum and bellows.
________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello Kevin, it is a grinding / scraping noise , yes could be described as metalic, I was wondering if it was a coin as my wife is not the best at checking the pockets :). hence why I wanted to check this before assuming it was the bearing
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When turning by hand i sense it is coming from the front of the drum

I believe there are two drums outer and inner, and if it is something stuck between two drums then it won't be a easy thing. To check you would need to remove the back panel and inspect a coin or something similar stuck near drum and door. Also, it would be helpful if you can help me with model number in case more details are needed.

I hope my solution helped you to resolve the issue with your appliance. If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you.
Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied. Thanks!