Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Bosch integrated fridge KIR18V20GB. The door became stuck

Customer Question

Bosch integrated fridge KIR18V20GB. The door became stuck open and made a grinding noise. I oiled the top and bottom hinge which freed it up. The door now closes but frequently, if we have not been careful to ensure it is really closed, it is slightly open (about half a centimetre) and the fridge light is on which over several hours warms up the top section of the fridge. I sent for two new hinges (order no(###) ###-#### but these look nothing like those on the fridge. Thoroughly cleaning the seal around the door has not made any difference.
Help!
Harry Leather
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.

What kind of hinge is on the fridge? Is it a spring loaded hinge thats attached onto the fridge and then the wooden door?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Daniel, The door moves about 95 degrees. It does not seem to have any visible springs and there is no solo movement towards closure (and was not before it developed the fault) on any part of the closing arc. When a gentle push to closure when the door is about 1 cm from fully closed is made, the magnets ( I assume are in the sealer) come into effect and the door is fully closed. A quite gentle push from 10 cms to close the door results in a bounce back to the faulty, light on state.
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.

Ok on this model you should be able to release the wooden door from the fridge door.

Do that and then close the fridge door and see if its the same or weather it seems to close ok with the wooden door panel released from the fridge door.

Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Daniel,
Can I do this tomorrow? It is late now.(Well it is for me anyway.)
Harry
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.

No worries thats fine. Its getting late for me as well. Bed time soon for me.