Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Whirlpool ADG6240 1X, Programme 1 nothing happened, I moved

Customer Question

Whirlpool ADG6240 1X, Programme 1 nothing happened, I moved the temperature button to the top and now there is no power going into the dishwasher. Fuse checked with another appliance. Could it be the on/off button?
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.

If theres nothing comming on the front panel but the power supply is fine then its possibley the on/off switch. But it could also be a broken wire in the door loom as the wires in there do like to break.

What you need to do is unplug the dishwasher and then remove the wooden door panel.

Then you need to remove the outer metal door panel.

There you will see a plastic holder with the wires in there.

Open the casing and then you need to give each wire a tug one at a time as it goes down the dishwasher. Check the blue wire first as its usually one of the blue wires that break were it goes round the bend to the underside.

If the wiring is fine then you need to remove the plastic control panel and check the on/off switch from there. If you have multi meter you can test the switch.

But if the switch and the wiring is fine then im afraid its looking like the main control board is the fault here.

So check the above if you can and see what you find. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.

I see the question is still open. Do you still need help on this? If so then just get back to me.

If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.