JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Pulled out Microwave Combi Oven from housing unit to get

Pulled out Microwave Combi Oven from housing unit to get something that fell down back of built in unit and stood it on chair and unfortunately it slipped off chair, Fortunately my husband managed to catch it but in the process he grabbed the power cable to save it and it has come out of the back of the microwave. The power was switched off so nothing blown. On taking the cover off the microwave to access where the cable connects to the spade connections inside to reconnect them, the spades are not individually labelled and I would like to confirm before reconnecting the live and neutral correct connections. On our main cable wire the live is Brown and the Neutral is Blue; inside the microwave the two wires that reconnect to our wires are Black and Blue and are internally wired to the circuit board. Can you please confirm which is the live between the Black and Blue wire as they can vary by manufacturer and country of production. The make of the Microwave is a Zanussi ZNF31X, which is a combi Microwave/Oven/Grill.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Please let me know if you require any further urgent information to resolve my question as today is the only day my husband is off work so he is able to give you any further information I required.Many Thanks
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 days ago.

Good morning,

There are a number of variants of your microwave, I should also point out the engineer manuals do not go by colour coding but pin location and layout.

To be sure can you send me a picture of the rear spade terminals so I can identify the power regulator fitted and confirm which terminal is which.

James

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have attached some files showing wires , the screwdriver is pointing to where the blue and black wire go to on the circuit board, the black is to J1 and the Blue is to J2 hope this helps
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi James , hope you got the pictures OK, if you haven't I will try and send them one at a time.
Thanks, Debra
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 days ago.

Hi Debra,

Sorry for the delay responding can you take a photo showing the circuit boad (J1 and J2) where the blue and black wires go to.

J

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Some more on way you may need to click on picture and zoom in
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 days ago.

Hi Debra,

I would have said the black wire which goes to F1, is live and should go to brown wire of the inlet, however to double check would want to look at the tracking of the back of the PCB to ensure the internal fuse is connected to it, so you may have to remove the board to check the track on the back.

James

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi James, please find attached two photos, screw driver pointing to black wire and where the solder tracking goes to the fuse, the fuse is a 15amp 250v.Many thanks Debra
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 days ago.

Hi Debra yes this shows the 15amp fuse on the same track as the black wire so the brown live should be attached tot he block wire shown as attached to the fuse.

James

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi James, thank you very much for getting back in touch, I will let my husband know. I cannot let you know tonight because he is out now. Due to work times it might be a couple of days now before I can fully confirm but I have a feeling it should be OK because you have confirmed what he thought was right but didn't have the confidence to try just in case he blew the circuit. I will let you know as soon as he has done it.Once again thank you.
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 days ago.

Hi Debra,

Just wondered how you got on this evening?

JamesI, Handyman
Experience: I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
Customer: replied 15 hours ago.
Hi James, apologies for the late reply, we had a flood in the house from pipework upstairs so unfortunately everything was dropped until we got sorted. We have finally been able to test the microwave out today and it is working. Thank you for your help and would use your services again if we need it.