Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

The valve only arrived yesterday and have just removed the

Hello James - the valve only arrived yesterday and have just removed the ice compartment but cannot see the valve. The 2 water pipes go into the roof of the ice compartment is that correct?
I would welcome your views.Alan
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** can you give me the serial number of your side by side please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Ian - sorry for delay in answering the serial number is: BC0VY0E0100BA81V0882
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I paid James originally but will pay the extra to James if I can get the job done
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is the advice from James that I followed - see my response when I finally got the part from Rangemaster.
JamesI Appliance Technician
Good morning,The fault is most likely due to a failed inlet valve, there are two valves one for the ice the other for water.A replacement part comes as a complete unit with both of the valves together, and costs around £35 from here.You need to remove the ice compartment which forms part of the door, and you will see the water inlet pipe coming in to the valve, you switch off the water and fridge power, remove the pipes (they unscrew) from the valve, disconnect the spade terminals (make a note which goes where) unscrew the bracket containing the valves, refit the new bracket containing the working valves, reattach the pipes, connect the spade terminals, turn on the water (check for leaks), turn on the fridge (check water is dispensing) and refit the ice compartment panel.If you would like me to recommend and engineer in your area to do this, please provide me with your postcode.Please let me know if you have any further queries, and please rate the service received using the star rating on this page.Can you advise how I might fit the part or should I get a plumber.