Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My dishwasher light is blinking: E15 check water, and I

Customer Question

my dishwasher light is blinking: E15 check water, and I cannot switch it off.
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon,

This suggests a flood has been detected, this is often the result of water getting into the void where the electrics are.

The noise you can hear is the drain pump, which will come on to stop water flooding out of the door.

Switch the dishwaher off at the wall\unplug it from the socket.

If you open the dishwasher, remove the filter in the sump, can you see any water in the void?

Leave the unit unplugged for a further 20 minutes then see if the water level has got higher, switch the dishwasher on and see if the pump starts again.

If the pump starts again it means you have a failed flood sensor which is telling the washer its overfilling.