Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a neff s51e50x1gb/29 dishwasher.it has stopped part

Customer Question

hi i have a neff s51e50x1gb/29 dishwasher.it has stopped part way through a program and is trying drain intermittently even with the door open.Theres a salt light on and the water light flashes constantly.ive tried to reset holding start button down and powered off a few time and cleaned the bottom filters but no change as yet.
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 months ago.

If the dishwasher is draining all the time then this is down to a water leak in the base which has activated the flood switch in there.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lie it on its back as this will allow the water to drain out from the base. So you will need a towel for that part.

Once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself and this will stop the pump from running all the time.

Then retry it and fingers crossed this is just a one off that caused it.

But if it does it again then theres a leak under there which you need to find and fix. For this you need to remove both side panels and then you can see the workings under there and check for any loose hoses.

Try that and see how it goes from there and let me know.

Expert:  Daniel replied 5 months ago.

I see the question is still open here. Do you still need help on this?

If so just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.