Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Our Beko American style fridge freezer is making

Our Beko American style fridge freezer is making intermittent knocking noises. It's around 10 years old. We are not sure if it coming towards the end of it life or if it can be repaired.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

I will help you the best I can ;-)

May I have the Full model # of your fridge?

Also, is the nocking coming from the lower rear of the fridge as I suspect?

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am not at home right now, so will contact you this afternoon.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

Thank you no problem there;-) I will stick with you until this is complete please rate my service kindly.
Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.
Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved. I already have really good idea as to your issue.

Its about the only thing that will cause this. If you can confirm the knocking coming from the rear behind the fridge, then you need new compressor bushings, easy to replace as well and very inexpensive as well;-) I will let you knwo the best place to get them and help with the replacement if you need me, no extra cost as well ;-) I am here to be helpful.
Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.
Thank you and have a Wonderful day!

No additional cost to rate kind;-)
Sincerely
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry for delay
Side by side frost free fridge/freezer
The model number AB910 20.6 cu.ftAS920 20.4 cu.ft
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The knocking does appear to be coming from the area you suggest.
It hasn't done it for the past day or so.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for that information.

If you just a little handy and a few basic hand tools you can fix this.

The problem is the bushing that hold the compressor in place. They are rubber and metal. Very easy to replace there are 4 of them.

I will assist you all the way but you will see how easy it is to replace them once you open the rear access cover behind the fridge;-)

You will also now, notice that the fridge only does this when the compressor is turning on and off especially OFF.

The Best place to get new compressor mount bushings is: http://www.ransomspares.co.uk

But since they sell literally hundreds of different mounting bushings, I highly recommend you call for that order. They are cheap as well ;-)

Also if you call today, they will ship it to you today;-)

Please call Ransom Spares: 0844(###) ###-####a href="http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/" target="_blank">Home » Parts » Kitchen Spares » Fridges & Freezers » Beko

I will stick with you until this is complete please rate my service kindly.
Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.
Thank you and have a Wonderful day!

No additional cost to rate kind;-)
Sincerely
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just phoned, they are not available, and not sure they are still being made.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

Hi how old is your fridge?

Please also try Espares: 0844 9777 888

and

Hotpoint Spares: 01489 782 492

I will find a solution for you, also please check to see that the ones already have , as they may simply be loose ;-)

Please rate my service kind at this time so I can remain with you until this is fixed. No aadditionalcost to rate;-)

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will check to see if they are loose.
The appliance is around 10 years old
Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

Hi, its really all that old, but a lot of manufacturers will discontinue parts after only a few years :-(

You may be able to take out one of the bushing mounts and try an auto parts store for a rubber grommet to replace that one with. Its a trick and it works well when needed;-)

Please remember rate at this time, then you also will have full access to me for 30 days.

Tech Mike

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I haven't been able to locate the parts I need, despite trying the places suggested, and I haven't yet had chance to look at the back of the fridge/freezer to see if I can tighten the bushings. I will try tomorrow when someone will be here to help me move it....then I will let you know the outcome.