JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Cant open washing machine which is full of water. Start

Cant open washing machine which is full of water. Start button light flashing intermittently
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Make of machine IWE 7145
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Have checked filter which is fine

Hi John,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

You mentioned you checked the filter, does this mean that you have now drained the water out of the washer?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
there doesn't appear to be any water in the drum now. When I turned it off and then on again I got a green star light but when I press that I get a clicking sound about three or 4 times and the start light flashes amber but there is no fault code etc to tell me what is wrong

The clicking is normally the sound of a relay on the main PCB.

Are any other lights shown on the control panel other than start button (eg door lock light), and I assume the washer door will still not open?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for getting back. There is an amber flashing start light and a red flashing door lock light on the main display panel. The door cannot be opened.

Ok the relay your hearing click is for the door interlock, its not able to activate the lock properly.

Start by following the video here which shows you how you can manually open the door.

Once you have the door open provide me the model number which is shown on the inside of the washing machine door, so that I can direct you to the right replacement part.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Have tried the wire technique but no luck. Will get someone out to see it - I am not handy in any way.
Thanks for your help at least we know now what we are dealing with.

No problem John, if you would like me to recommend a local engineer please provide me with your postcode.

Hi John,

Do you require any further assistance?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No thanks - thanks for the advice.

No problem John, so I can close the case please use the star rating at the top of the page to rate the service received from me.