Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Baumatic BDI631. After I switch on my dishwasher,

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Baumatic BDI631. After I switch on my dishwasher, the Economy light come on and blinks, with an audible series of beeps. This goes on for a minute or so, then the beeps stop but the light keeps flashing. I cannot choose any of the programs. If I try to turn on the dishwasher by closing the door, the sound of the pump is heard but it stops after a little while, and the program does not start as normal.
Any idea what is wrong, and how to fix it?
Thanks,
Cedric, London
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.

What its doing here is giving an error code.

As you have the economy light flashing then this is a time out draining error code.

The first thing you need to do is check the waste hose and were it drains out. Check to see if its blocked in there.

If thats all fine then you need to access the pump underneath and see if theres anything stuck in there blocking it up.

Remove the filters inside the dishwasher and give them a good clean and also check theres nothing stuck in the sump there blocking it up.

So check them and see what you find as the fault its reporting is a time out draining fault.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.

I see the question is still open here. Do you still need help on this?

If so just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.