Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a bosch induction hob. over the last week it has cut

Customer Question

hi, i have a bosch induction hob . over the last week it has cut out whilst heating and now it will not turn on
Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 4 years old i think
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: possibly = bosch want 99£ call out - i used to do electronics so comfatable taking it apart actually purchased it in 2011
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: dont think so - i turned it off at the mains first time it happened - left it for a bit then it started working - im gusessing its somehting to do with over heating? im reluctant to replace it as we are moving house in a months time
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Also is it coming on at all now?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
PIE611T14E
After turning mains off for a bit it is now working.
It seems to fail if left on for a while or multiple rings used.
We also have bulbs keep blowing in our bosch hob - i know its not linked but wondered if you know of a common fault for this too?
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.

Ok if its fully looses power and then comes back on then the first thing to check the is the mains connection box.

Remove the hob from the unit and turn it over. There you will see the connection box were the mains cable goes to. Open this up and see if theres signs of burning on there. If so then the connection box will need to be replaced.

If thats fine then you need to check the power supply to the hob. As for it to totally loose power like this if the mains conection is fine then its possibley the supply into the hob. So worth checking this.

But if the supply is fine to the hob then its going to be the master board in there at fault. As in there is 2 power boards. 1 is the master board and the other is the slave board. The mater board has the wiring block going from it to the touch control board. This can be the only other part that can cause this fault if the supply is good to it and the mains box hasnt burnt out.

Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.

I see the question is still open here. Do you still need help on this?

If so just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I took it apart could not see any visible signs of anything wrong. Put it back together and it worked for a bit then cut out. Tends to cut out after 10/15 minutes. I did notice the fan on the job constantly running after this, the only way I could get this to stop was to turn it off at the mains. The only way it turns back in is leaving it off at the mains for a long time .
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.

I take it theres plenty of room for ventalation under the hob and around it?

If you can remove the hob from the unit and try and use it when its not dropped into the worktop. See how it goes from there.

If its still doing the same on there then its looking like the control board at fault as you say the you can hear the fan running so we know they are fine. So its somthing to do with the control board in there im afraid.