Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a NEFF dishwasher model S4132F0GB/11. Door catch

I have a NEFF dishwasher model S4132F0GB/11. Door catch grating, just poked at the locking device in the door and it flipped over to the locked position. When I shut the door now it won't "catch" and the washer will run even though the door is not locked and sealed. How do I get it back?

Hi are you saying you accidentally locked the door while it was open as I suspect?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
that describes it I think. I tried running the last part of the programme, drying, to see if the catch would undo but no help.
Andrew

Hi Andrew. It should have unlocked at the end of the cycle but you have a failed catch.

Thee is a tiny tab inside the lock that would release it, btu that will be difficult for you to locate at best. And that wouldn't solve the problem really anyway.

Its easy to replace and I will help you. It was already scraping as it was.

The best place to get a new door catch is: http://www.espares.co.uk

Since there are so many different ones out there, I highly recommend calling to place this order. All you need is the full model # of your dishwasher for this order. They will ship you the correct one the first time lol ;-)

Please call espares: 0844 9777 888.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete please rate my service kindly.
Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.
Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.
Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.
Thank you and have a Wonderful day Andrew!

No additional cost to rate kind;-)
Sincerely
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks Michael. Just to be certain I've photographed the bit I'm talking about. This is the catch?
Andrew

Hi Andrew, yep thats the one.

It changes out really easily, I will help no extra cost.

Please rate kind at this time so I can remain with you until you have the catch;-)

Thank you and have a nice weekend Andrew!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Great help! Ordering part - they describe it as "door lock" again checking this is the catch

Yes same part;-)

Also as I mentioned, inside it, there is a tab to release it but it still needs to be replaced unfortunately.

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Great. Rating done. I'll contact once part received. Andrew

I will be here ;-)

Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Michael. Catch just delivered by DPD .....

Hi Andrew, Im ere now if you are?

If not I will be here most of the day tomorrow to assit;-)

Thank you Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Michael. Just back in ready for repair instructions how do I get at the old catch?

Good morning, I will be here to help you at 10 am EST if that works for you?

Please let me know?

Anyway, to get at the door catch you need to remove the screws that hold the inner panel of the door to the outer chassis of the door.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok 10 EST is good. Just send a message when you care ready. Andrew

Hi Andrew I am here now;-)

Basically you need to remove the inner door panel by removing the screws from that panel, then when you replace the door latch, make sure the detergent door is set the same way it was when you removed the panel.

Tech Mike;-)

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Success - all works just fine. Good job! Thanks

Hi your welcome Andrew! I m happy it went smoothly for you;-)

Have a great day and enjoy your dishwasher;-)

Tech Michael