Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Pump keeps running no display on Aeg F45260v1 have changed

Customer Question

Pump keeps running no display on Aeg F45260v1 have changed anti flood device micro switch and checked, no leaks but pump keeps discharging and no display on door
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.

So just to double check theres nothing at all comming on the control unit and no flashing lights at all is there?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That's correct, when I plug the unit in, after a minute or so the pump starts to discharge and all the display goes blank, up till the first minute the display is normal and the pump is not on
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.

Ok this isnt a fault with the flood switch as if it was the the display will stay light and the end of cycle will just flash 3 times pause for a secon and flash 3 times again and so on.

So as the display if going blank with nothing lit up and just the pump running then im afraid this is a faulty control board. I have actually replaced a few boards for this fault what its doing.

So im afraid for the fault you have here its looking like the control board is the fault here, Sorry.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
AEG user manual points to the anti flood device as the pump is discharging I had a visit from an engineer through warranty, and he thought the anti flood thing, however he never seen an integrated compact dishwasher and no clue how to remove and fix, so need to deal with this myself as can't get engineer to sort, can you give any thoughts as to why pump runs.? Being a boiler engineer I would concur what you say but needed specialist to confirm. ....thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.

Its more then likely a fault on the board thats causing the pump to run.

If your a boiler engineer then ive just uploaded the service manual for this. I know its for the free standing version but its the same as the built in as the controls are just in a different place thats all.

Click the link below to download it and try the test cycle and see what you find. Hopefully this can help you with it

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks Daniel
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.

Your very welcome.