Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Dishwasher 8305 I believe the switch gear controlling the

Customer Question

Dishwasher 8305
I believe the switch gear controlling the pump is jammed or seized in the on position. When I reset the END light illuminates but pump remains running until off button depressed. I need to know where switch is located
Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Hi there is a float switch that would keep the pump running. On yours, they made two different models, on is an electronic switch with no moving parts. The other is a mechanical switch.

What I would try, so we can determine exactly what is wrong, would be to pour some hot tap water into the bottom of the machine, 1 gallon poured into the bottom of the machine (the inside floor.) But first turn off power to your dishwasher at the mains.

You may also need to remove the dishwasher from its under counter mounting and tip it forward about 45 degrees then let it hit back a bit hard to see if it frees up the float. Please let me know how that goes?

If it works Great. if not you will need a new float but some of these are built into the sump.

If you end up needing the float, the best place to get that is: http://www.ransomspares.co.uk

Since there are so many different ones out there on the market for different machines, its best to call to place the order. Also they will then, ship the part the same day you call;-)

Please call Ransom Spares: 0844(###) ###-####a href="http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/" target="_blank">Home » Parts » Kitchen Spares » Dishwashers » Bosch

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete please rate my service kindly.
Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.
Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.
Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.
Thank you and have a Wonderful day!

No additional cost to rate kind;-)
Sincerely
Tech Michael