JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Bosch dishwasher. On the edge of the door is

Customer Question

I have a Bosch dishwasher. On the edge of the door is printed E.Nr SMS63M42G/BS which I hope will enable you to identify it . It is refusing to start: when the ON button is pressed, the display flashes '3-15'. This goes off when the ON button is pressed a second time.
Can you help?
B.Griffiths
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer... Error code you have highlighted is E:15 (looks like a mirror imaged 3). Error E:15 indicates water leaking through dishwasher base or flood switch activated.

As a quick fix I would suggest you to unplug the dishwasher from the mains or reset the dishwasher's circuit breaker. If it is integrated dishwasher then you will need to pull out the dishwasher and tip the dishwasher forward with an angle of 45 degrees. Be aware there would be lot of water on floor once you tip it, so, make sure you have few towels handy with you.

If the condition still appears after a cycle or two then your dishwasher might have developed a leak in the base.

Let me know how it goes. Cheers!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't think this is right.
a) Ive tried what you suggest and there is no water and no change.
b) It says 3:15, not E:15. and 3:15 appears every time we switch it on, because it is the time (3 hrs 15 mins) for the cycle that we always use. Any other ideas. Bear in mind that I have tried the switch on then switch of trick and it didn't work.
Yours Brian G

Apologies, I thought it's E:15. You would need to help me answer few questions please before we conclude what/where the issue is.

When you start the dishwasher does it try to fill in or drain?

Is there any unusual sound when you try to switch it on?

Were there any error codes off late like E:1 or something?

To reset the control press and hold the start button for more than 10 seconds.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
In order:
nothing at all happens when I press the start or on/pf buttons: nofilling or draining; no sosusnds; no error codes. I've tried the press and wait. nothing happens.
If you want to give up then I'll understand and call out a plumber.
Yours
Brian G
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Hi Brain,

I see you have raised a second query for the same issue.

The numbers on the display are a time not a fault code, this suggests the timer on the PCB has failed.

A new PCB can be found here for around £70, please note the model number supplied had a typo and is actually SMS63M42GB/B5.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Do you require any further assistance?