Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Re: BEKO upright Freezer Model TZ6051 W The automatic

Customer Question

Re: BEKO upright Freezer Model TZ6051 W
The automatic defrosting is causing a problem:
Instead of the condensate being fed out to the container above the compressor (Where it evaporates), it has started leaking into the main freezer compartment, forming a puddle below the lowest basket and then freezing solid again.
I guess the tube needs unblocking, but there seems to be no means of doing this.
I've been carefully chipping the thick ice away, but it turns out this needs doing every couple of days, so a proper solution would be useful.
Hoping you can help.
I'm going tobed now and am out all day tomorrow, so a reply by email would be best?
***@******.***
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please carry on for a little longer. If you feel it's a waste of your time as you're getting nowhere, then terminate and initiate a refund for me.Keep me posted. Many thanks
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Hi Edgar,

The most likely cause is a build up of ice behind the rear panel, I would suggest you perform a 24 hour defrost, secondly try feeding some solder or flexible wire down the condensate tube to check its not blocked.

If this continue to be an issue the next stage is to strip down the appliance, but this would be best done by an engineer since you can damage the cooling elements and fascia when getting to the rear panel.

Let me know if you would like me to recommend a local engineer after you have defrost the appliance and check the tube is clear.