Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Beko dishwasher showing an E01 code, it,s only a

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Beko dishwasher showing an E01 code, it,s only a couple of months old, everything looks ok but i'm not sure it getting water, i have checked that the supply tap if on. help!
Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: DIN 28320, no i havent run a diagnostic cylce, I'm not sure how, Im just getting the E01 code
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible yes,
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: We have problem with hard water and it looks like the salt setting was wrong, everything was working fine until two days ago, then we started having white residue which would not come off with water, I soaked in vinegar whic removed it.
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

The white residue sounds likely to be calcium from the hard water, E1 often suggest anti flood sensor has triggered.

Remove the plinth along the bottom and see if you can see any foam or water which has got into the sump at the bottom of the dishwasher.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The washer is built in, I have removed the fascia panel but I haven't unscrewed the metal plate at the bottom, should I remove this? I have also noticed the place where the salt goes has a lot of undisolved rock, it was filled with salt yesterday, should thisnot disolve?
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

No the salt can last months, it only uses a small amount of salt after each regeneration.

If you dip you finger in the compartment it will taste salty, this shows that the water has absorbed the maximum amount of salt possible.

Remove the metal plate as well and see if you can see any water in the compartment under the dishwasher.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
there is water, is there an easy way of getting it out, short of jamming in a cloth?
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Affraid not, make sure the appliance is switched off at the wall first, I normally use a cloth or sponge then use paper towel, followed by a hair dryer\heat gun, as it needs to be as close to bone dry as you can get it.