Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Miele Dishwasher G 656 SCI Plus. The red light

Customer Question

I have a Miele Dishwasher G 656 SCI Plus. The red light saying inlet/drain comes on and the programme does not run. Is the exit drain blocked or is there another way I can clear it?
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Hi Mark, if you open the washer do you see any water sitting in the sump at the bottom?

Secondly leave it switched off for a few minutes, turn it on and select a program.

When the program starts do you heat the pump (whoring noise) start even for a 5 seconds?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is a little water a the bottom but not very much. When I start a program the pump seems to work. You can hear it all the time but the programme does not move forward
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Also the program starts as soon as the door is shut. I do not need to press the start button. So it seems that the program is stuck on rinse but no water is being taken out. Nor is the program working so no water coming inI will look at it again with your advice on Monday evening
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

When you say the pump starts do you mean the circulation pump (spinning the rotary arm, or the drain pump)? If it starts the drain pump when shutting the door it suggests it might be in a anti flood mode, which could be due to a faulty reed switch and the appliances things its overflowing to turns on the pump to prevent a flood in the kitchen.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Definitely the drain pump so that may be the answer
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Ok, you need to check below the sump by removing the front panel below the door, and see if you can see water in the base.