Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an indesit df104 integral dishwasher. It switches on

Customer Question

Hi I have an indesit df104 integral dishwasher. It switches on and off as usual and program selector works. When the door closes it does a long deep as usual but then nothing happens. This started happening after I opened the door to remove something from the dishwasher at the beginning of a cycle. Any advice would be very gratefully received thanks paul
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.
HiAre you getting any flashing lights from the control panel when it doesn't work?If so which lights are flashing ?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I open the door the left end two green lights flash on and off
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.
Them lights flashing is a draining error code.To get at the pump you need to pull the dishwasher out and remove the right hand side panel.From there you will see the drain pump at the bottom. It will have the grey drain hose going to it.From there remove the pump and make sure the pump impeller isnt jammed. Free it off then refit the pump and retry the dishwasher and see how it goes from there.Also check the drian hose and make sure its not blocked up.Check them and see what you find and let me know.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok that's try that thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

No worries thats fine.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The drainage pump looks to be right at the bottom at the front of the machine, do you have any tips on how to remove it as there doesn't seem to be any mountings
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.
It's normally held on by 3 screws. Have a look there and do you see the 3 screws around the pump
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've managed to get the pump off, it was held on by plastic clips, but the impeller wasn't jammed, it was completely free. Is there any way of testing it?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is the pump
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.
Yep that's the pump. If that's free then just feel inside the chamber were the pump goes and make sure it's not blocked there.As to testing the pump if you have a multi meter you can just test it for continuity and see if faulty from there.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi, I tested the pump which seemed ok so I put everything back together and started the machine. It worked fine for a few minutes then cut out with the left and two right lights flashing, I could also hear some electrical arcing noise
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Ok if the pump seems ok then remove the outer door panel and there you will see the wiring running down the door.

You need to check the wiring in the door were it goes underneath the dishwasher. As sometimes you can get a broken wire in the loom were it bends around the door.

So as you had an arcing noise then it may be a broken wire shorting out there.

But if the wiring is fine then you need to inspect the control board in there and see if theres signs of burning on there.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thanks I'll try it. Are the 3 flashing lights an electrical error code?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Yes the flashing lights are an error code. If its the first 2 lights that you have flashing then this is a drianing error code.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This time there are 3 lights flashing does that mean an error with electrics?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

What lights are flashing then?

If you number the lights from left to right with 1 on the left which ones are flashing?

As yes this is a different error code.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
lights 1, 3 and 4 are flashing
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.
Not good news I'm afraid. Lights 1,3 and 4 is error code 13 which means a faulty control board.For this error code the control board will need to be replaced.
I've just uploaded a picture of the error code chart so you can see what the flashing lights mean.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've just checked prices of new machines online and indesit are about £175. Do you think it would be better to buy a new one as this one's about 7 years old thanks paul
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.
If it was mine for £175 I would get a new one as a control board is around the £100 mark.
So for an extra £75 you have a brand new one so I would get a new dishwasher here.