Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My BEKO DF504C10W is not cleaning the top tray. I have

Customer Question

My BEKO DF504C10W is not cleaning the top tray. I have checked the impeller and it is not blocked. I have run a cleaning cycle with a proprietary cleaning product and it didn't help. I need to know what to try next.
Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: The bottom deck cleans just fine, so I doubt it it's this, but will give it a go before trying a wash cycle again :-)
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, unless a technician visit is indicated and at this point I don't think so...
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Right now I'll go with the switch off and leave off and see what happens: thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

What you need to do is pull out the top basket and from there look under it and you will see the spray arm.

Follow the arm to the back of the basket and there at the back you will see a bracket. As the diswasher pushs back that bracket locks into another bracket at the back inside the dishwasher.

Is this locking into the bracket there?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Problem is corrected thanks to my son who noticed that the plates in the lower basket were preventing the spray arm from spinning properly on the top deck.Thank you for your response, but nothing further is now required. Your answer went into spam, hence the delay...
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

No worries, Thanks for letting me know.