Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I bought a Bosch Fridge Freezer in 1998 and have noticed

Customer Question

I bought a Bosch Fridge Freezer in 1998 and have noticed recently that the top rubber seal on both doors feels warm to the touch. Is this a problem that can be fixed?
Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model Ksv bought from ***** ***** in 1998. E-Nr. KSV2630gb/01
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No. feel happier if someone with knowledge takes a look to see if it is repairable or in fact needs replacing.
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Unless you need a specific question answered the only problem is the seals heating up on the top of the doors
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am tech Mike,

Warm seals are a normal issue especially if its warm outside.

This is not typically a problem, but I would just keep an eye on it to be sure its nothing. Fridges, also create heat as that is how they remove the warmth from the fridge and freezer ;-)

Especially near the door seals in the middle you will feel heat, but that is perfectly normal.

No worries there my friend;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.
Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.
Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.
Thank you and have a Wonderful day!

No additional cost to rate kind;-)
Sincerely
Tech Michael