Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Bosch Classic frost free fridge freezer the top

Customer Question

I have a Bosch Classic frost free fridge freezer the top tray (freezer) does not freeze items in it. I do not understand the control buttons at the top (over the fridge door.
Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: No idea of age as it was sold with the property and no instruction booklet was with it. Model- Bosch Classic
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depending on how easy it is to find a local technician. Model is Bosch Classic xx. frost free. Maxxx freedom performance
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: top fridge is very cold. Is it old age?
Expert:  Michael replied 14 days ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael, an expert in this field. I would be happy to help you with this issue.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating when we are finished ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

may I have the full model of your freezer?

Also how old it is, and if there is any heavy ice or frost on the rear wall inside the freezer?

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
There is no ice on the back wall of the freezer but the pipes down the edges look to be covered in ice.
Model is:- Bosch Classic XX Frost Free. Max XX Freedom performance.
Age:- No idea. Was in previous house when I bought it 2009.
therefore must be at least 8 yrs.
Please explain the controls over the top
super-max -22, -20, -18, -16. oC
super +2, +4, +6, +8. oC
Which applies to fridge and which to the freezer sections
My guess is the minus temperatures are the freezer and the plus temperatures are for the fridge.
Expert:  Michael replied 13 days ago.

the way those work, Super max is extremely cold, when you set that ON, it will come on for a while just to cool the unit fast. Then that will drop out and it goes back to normal operations.

The temps you listed, are pickable settings, usually 0 is fine or if you want it really cold, you can set it to -16.

If you can get me the full modle # I can get you a user manual;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete please rate my service kindly.
Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.
Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.
Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.
Thank you and have a Wonderful day!

No additional cost to rate kind;-)
Sincerely
Tech Michael