Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I've just moved into our new house and we have got a Bosch

Hi there, I've just moved into our new house and we have got a Bosch Induction Hob, which doesn't seem to be working
Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model is PIA611B68B and approximately 2-3 years old... It doesn't look very used though. And we've gone out and bought new pans for it, and it still doesn't heat up
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: We're happy to, as we haven't cooked properly in thee days
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It turns on fine, just turns off after 20 seconds
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

I take it you are using stainless steel pans?

Also does it do this on all the plates?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We've used both inductor and non inductor, as we didn't at first.It's all the rings, so I appreciate it may be something we're not doing right.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Ok these are pretty easy to use so i dont think its anything your doing wrong. But to use it its as below.

Place a pan on which ever ring you want.

Press the on button and then press the button for which ever ring you want use.

Then press the + to increase the power setting to say 9 and it should come on then.

If it doesnt come on then just check there isnt a picture of a red key lit.

If there is then press and hold the key button for several seconds to turn it off.

Try that and see if thats the way you are using it and let me know.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hey,I've just tried that and the red key doesn't turn on, which I'm guessing is the child lock. I've read the manual it came with (from a few years ago), and tried everything
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Ok if its just not coming on then theres a fault on the control board im afraid.

Theres nothing much in these as you have just 4 magnetic plates and the power board. As none are working then im afraid its looking like the control board is the issue here as thats the only thing that will cause this fault .

But what you can try if you havent already just switch the power off to the hob and leave it 20 minutes as this can do a hard reset. Then just see how it goes. The changes are this wont work but well worth a try just in case.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We haven't tried the hard reset yet, but we'll give this a try now!Thank you and at least we've tried!
All the best
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

No worries, Your very welcome.