Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

When I switch on my washing machine it makes an odd sound

Customer Question

When I switch on my washing machine it makes an odd sound but nothing else happens. Any idea what might be wrong?
Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Panasonic NA-127VB4. 4 and a half years old.
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible.
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really. The machine gets a lot of use as there are five of us in the house. It seems to have been a fairly sudden crash.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael.

Could you explain the sound it makes a little better?

Also Does it shut down, or off after that?

And did it fil in use or was like this one day when you went to use your machine?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It just makes a humming sound. There is a little water in the bottom of the machine that won't drain. No water comes into the machine when turned on and the drum doesn't work. The last load I put in got some washing but was still wet when I tried to take it out. WhenI tried to rewash it nothing worked.
Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for that information.

Can you try different water temp settings for me so I can be sure of something?

Try just cold, then just hot and see if it will start then, probably not but I need to be sure of that to knwo whats wrong;-)

Also make sure the water taps are ON at the machine

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The same thing happens in both cases. No water, no turning drum, just a humm. The water tap is on.
Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for that

Last question, where is the hum coming from?

The front, Bottom, or the rear where the water enters the machine?

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Towards the rear at the bottom.
Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

You water drain pump has failed and needs to be replaced.

It wont begin any new cycles in this state.he best place to order a new drain pump is:

https://www.panasonic.com/uk/consumer/home-appliances/laundry/washing-machines.html

Telephone :
Please call us on 0344(###) ###-####or 01(###) ###-####(for the Republic of Ireland)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete please rate my service kindly.
Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.
Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.
Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.
Thank you and have a Wonderful day!

No additional cost to rate kind;-)
Sincerely
Tech Michael