Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

MY WHIRLPOOL ARC 4030 IX FRidge freezer is defrosting too

Customer Question

MY WHIRLPOOL ARC 4030 IX FRidge freezer is defrosting too often. i have checked the bimetal frost thermostat but it isnt showing continuity.
Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 9/10 years
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if I can.
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: where to get the part number
Expert:  Michael replied 2 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael, an expert in this field. I would be happy to help you with this issue.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating when we are finished ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

As for the Bi-metal sensor, it wont always show continuity and its a pretty expensive part, but that is likely what you need to replace, it likely gotten weak internally and is cutting the cooling out prematurely.

I would replace that part and that should solve your issue;-)

If you need a source for the sensor, please let me know, I can help there as well;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete please rate my service kindly.
Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.
Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.
Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.
Thank you and have a Wonderful day!

No additional cost to rate kind;-)
Sincerely
Tech Michael