Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a DeDietric DTI789VE induction hub. The 2 right zones

hi - I have a DeDietric DTI789VE induction hub. The 2 right zones does not work.. no signal when i touch the touchpad. Have you got any idea what is wrong. The hub is 8 years old..
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: the last 2 weeks. has worked well last 8 years.
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no.. I have called a proffessional that will come on wednesday. however - it would be nice to know whether it can be fixed or it is too expensive to fix. I have to pay around 100 GBP to have a proffessional to visit me for 1 hour.
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: 1) have you knowledge of such problem with the induction hub.. 2) Is it worth repairing ?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

In induction hobs theres 2 power boards and 4 magnetic plates in there. One power board controls 2 plates so when you get this fault here were 2 of the plates dont work then its nearly always the power board thats the fault here.

Now there is a chance the mains connection box were the power cable goes to is faulty as this splits the power and sends it to each board. Now this is rare for them to fail but worth a check.

But as to cost im afraid the power board is obsolete so cannot be repaired anyway.

Given as its 8 years old and the power boards are obsolete i would cancel the repair vist and replace the hob itself.

Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for your reply. I have cancelled the repair visit.
However.. tonight all hubs worked as it is supposed to. Do you still think it is the connection box with power cable has a fault or do you think it is the power board.
Thanks..
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

It could be either. But as the hob has come back on then worth checking the mains connection box first.

Just remove the hob from the work top and turn it over and you will see the mains connection box there.

Just make sure the power is off and then open the cover and then you can see if theres any signs of burning on there.

But if thats fine then it will be the power board at fault here im afraid.