JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Bosch Logixx upright fridge freezer GSN32A21GB alarm came on

HiBosch Logixx upright fridge freezer GSN32A21GB alarm came on and it appears not to be chilling properly. Latest look shows super arrow is orange and alarm arrow is red. Can you identify where the problem may be please?
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Hi Steve, if super is on this suggests fast freeze is enabled.

AL just means the temp is below a safe level for food storage.

Just to confirm this relates to a freezer rather than a fridge-freezer?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
James
Thanks for response
The temperature is holding steady at - 9 and has done for most of the day despite super being on.
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Sorry typo in my response above AL means its above safe temp not below.

If we are referring to the freezer, its not going to be the thermostat since super overrides this input, this leaves the coolant system at fault.

The best approach is to defrost the appliance fully, you can use a hair dryer to speed this up but it needs to be fully defrosted, then switch it back on and check the temp every hour and see how it handles the temp drop, then let me know if it bottoms out at around -9.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
James1 Did just that, left it for about 20 hours with door open and switched off. Water all over the floor - no worries, cleaned and dried switched on and everything back to normal. Thanks job done! Steve
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Great glad everything is working, so I can close the case please rate the service using the star rating at the top of this page.