Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I changed my Neff fridge freezer water filter and the water

I changed my Neff fridge freezer water filter and the water dispenser will now not work
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

When you try and dispense the water do you hear a humming noise coming from it?

Also is the ice maker still working?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
humming noise and ice still works. Very occasionally there is a 'chugging' noise which lasts a few seconds.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Ok if the filter is in tight then if you press and hold the lever for the water and hold it in this should bring the water valve on and should dispense the water.

When you fit a new filter it can take a few minutes to purge the air out to allow the water to flow through.

But if this isnt working then its possibley the water valve at the back at fault not opening to allow the water to flow through.

To check this you will need a multi meter. Remove the cover on the back and you should see the water valve on the bottom right corner.

On there are 2 coils. You need to test each coil for resistance. Both should read about the same.

If one of them isnt giving a reading then the water valve is faulty and will need to be replaced.

Check them and see what you find from there and let me know.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

I see the question is still open here. Do you still need help on this?

If so then just get back to me.

But if not then if you could remember to click the star rating at the top of the page that would be great.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No joy. I had a Neff engineer here for the washing machine. He had a quick look at the fridge and couldn't pinpoint it. Said would need a refrigeration specialist and as under warranty that has been arranged. Thanks