Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Beko DIN 8530 dishwasher. Detergent releases

Hi Daniel,
I have a Beko DIN 8530 dishwasher. Detergent releases immediately after initial pump cycle, whatever programme I select. Rinse aid lasts about 5 washes
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Wash cycles seem to run OK, but obviously if there is a pre-wash the detergent tablet is no longer there for the main wash.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Try this and see what happens.

Set the dishwasher going and when its washing and the tablet is dispensed then carefully open the door and close the dispenser flap and then close the door and listen and see if the flap opens up stright away again and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK, I should have mentioned, once the dispenser flap has opened the latch remains retracted until the end of the full cycle. Impossible to latch it closed...
Turning off power does not release it. Only running a full cycle seems to reset it.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Ok bit of a strange one as for it to open too soon and stay latched open so you cannot close it then its usually the control board as its sending 230v to the dispenser unit all the time which is keeping the soleniode activated all the time. As it should just send 230v for a few seconds enough for the flap to open but then you should be able to close stright away.

But if you unplug it then the power is removed from the dispenser so the flap should be able to close stright away. As its not then it can only be the dispenser at fault causing that part.

So its looking like it could be both the control board and dispener as the control board could have caused the soleniode on the dispenser to fail due to being engergized all the time.

What you need to do is if you have a test meter remove the outer panel and you will see the wires to the dispenser.

Clip the test leads to the wires and set it going and when its washing just see if you get 230v there. If sould be for around a few seconds then stop. But if you have 230v all the time then the control board is faulty and needs to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK - I will need some time to get the front off (it's a fully integrated) but I'll let you know as soon as I have had the voltmeter on it (Probably Monday). Thanks for the help so far
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

No worries thats fine.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Minor update. Dispenser latch remains open when the dishwasher is turned off via the on/off button - turning off at the wall socket releases the latch. This smells strongly of a control board problem, which would also explain the rinse-aid usage.BTW I got the model reference a bit mixed up its DIN5830 not 8530 - sorry.Any idea how the door panel is fixed on?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Ok from what you say its the control board at fault here causing the fault.

To remove the outer door panel then you need to open the door and from there you will see the screws on the inside of the door frame.

You need to remove these as 2 on each side will be holding the wooden door panel on. I think from memory its the bottom one and then the 3rd one up.

Then you should be able to remove the door panel from there.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Daniel,
Finally got the door off etc. It was 2nd and 4th screws by the way.
Voltage appears on the dispenser as soon as the programme starts - 129V (partially failed triac?) and stays all the time until the end of the programme.
It is not a solenoid but a thermal actuator, hence there is a small delay between programme start and actual tablet release.
On this model there is a fancy escapement that means that the second time it actuates is releases rinse-aid. Since it is on all the time that would mean that the rinse-aid dispenser is open throughout every other wash.I now have to try to source a new control module somewhere here in France or on the internet...
FYI the module ref is enclosed.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Ok from what you say the control board is the fault here.

Are you able to post a picture of the rating plate on the side of the door please. Then i will be able to get the correct part number for you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Daniel,
Here's the rating plates (jpg)
Text version:
BEKO DIN5830
Stock No :(###) ###-####S/N : 13-800103-05Cheers
Clive
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for that. But im not finding the correct part number for your dishwasher. Its more then likely because its made for the French market so its not coming up on the UK database.

I think i have found it but dont want to say 100% this is it. Click here for the part

You may want to double check with them this will fit yours. I know its a UK site but they do post to France.

Or Bekos customer service number in France is(###) ###-####and they should be able to get the part for you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Daniel,
I'll give Beko France a try on the phone tomorrow, thanks for the number.
I already have a request in via the Beko spares specialist here (http://365piecesdetachees.fr/) and also via their UK spares site (http://www.bekospares.co.uk) but neither have deigned to reply yet.
Cheers
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

No worries, Hopefully they wil get back to you with the part.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi again,
Part ordered - found the exact reference corresponding to the number on the housing.
28 day delay :-(
Thanks for all the help
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Addendum: New module arrived, old one swapped out, all working fine.