Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My oven," Stoves" 900gdo. Keeps turning off after some time,

My oven," Stoves" 900gdo. Keeps turning off after some time, then comes on again, then turns back on again etc.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

When you use the oven or grill do you feel the cooling fan running?

It should be blowing warm air out from the top if the door. Do you feel the air?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Daniel, it does blow warm air when lighting, but after some time, for some apparent reason, the oven switches off. Last night, I switched on the oven to test it and it stayed lighting fir 3hours, until I switched it off.. This morning, I baked some scones. After a short time, it switched off. When it came on again, I put the oven on semi automatic for 16 minutes, but alas, it switched itself off after 5 minutes. My scones were ruined.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Ok if you can feel the warm air then the cooling fan is working fine.

So in this case if its cutting out then its possibley the thermal cut out stat. This is the safety thermostat in there.

To locate this you need to pull the oven out and remove the back panel.

From there you should see a small thermostat with 2 wires going to it.

You need to check this and see if theres signs of burning on there. If so then the thermal cut out will need to be replaced.