Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Creda 37754 condensing dryer.Will not heat,motor

Customer Question

creda 37754 condensing dryer.Will not heat,motor ok,thermostats ok,heating elements reading 95 ohms.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

If the motor, rear thermostats and heater are all ok then this is going to be either the front thermostat or the timer unit.

What you need to do is open the door and stick your head just inside and look at the top of the front plastic unit.

There you will see 2 small screws.

Remove these and then you can pull the front thermostat through there.

Test this as well for contonuity. If faulty then that will need to be replaced.

But if thats all ok then the only thing left is the timer im afraid. The timer unit in there will need to be replaced to cure this fault.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The front thermostat and timer are both ok,machine still not working.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

It will be the timer at fault then. When you say the timer is ok have you replaced it or does it just look fine?

As for a no heat fault it can only be the heater itself, reat thermostats, front thermostat or the timer. There is nothing else in the heater circuit in there so it has to be one of the above unless theres a break in a wire somewere.

But as to the timer theres no test you can do on there as its a case of replacing it im afraid.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
As I have already informed you ,that I have check the timer and it is working.It rotates and switches.,the alternative is for me to spend 90 pounds on a spare part that will not alter the situation.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Just because it rotates and turns doesnt mean to say its not switching over inside for the heater to work.

But if you are sure the timer is fine then its has to be either the heater or one of the thermostats. Theres nothing else in there as you can see that can cause the fault.

So double check the thermostats, heater and the wiring as if the timer is ok then it has to be one of them at fault here.