Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Bosch Classixx dishwasher. The "check water" sign comes on.

Bosch Classixx dishwasher. The "check water" sign comes on. I've followed all the instructions in the manual (cleaned the filters, made sure the water flows in and out) but to no avail.
I;ve also tried tipping it to the left and right but that didn't help either. Any ideas please?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Also what actually happens when you start a cycle?

Does the dishwasher start to fill with water and then the check water light comes on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Daniel,
Its a Classixx SGS53C12GB/22.
It starts to fill with water, then after several seconds the check water light comes on; if the machine is left on it continues doing this for hours, but the water does not circulate up to the top of the machine and into the spray arms which remain completely dry.
When you press the reset button the water drains out properly, so there is no problem with the inflow and outflow of water, only the circulation inside the machine.
Expert:  Daniel replied 29 days ago.

Ok if the dishwasher starts to fill and then the check water light comes on then its more then likely the flow sensor (impeller jug as Bosch calls it)

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and remove the top and the left hand side panel.

From there look in the bottom left corner at the back and there you will see the flow meter there. Its round an has 2 hoses going to it.

You will need to replace this and that that should cure the fault from there for you. These are quite a common fault on these Bosch dishwashers.

Click here for the part

So replace this and that should cure the fault from there.

Expert:  Daniel replied 26 days ago.

I see the question is still open here. Do you need anymore help on this?

If so then just get back to me.

But if not then if you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.