Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My smeg washer dryer is not draining properly after a spin.

Hi there,My smeg washer dryer is not draining properly after a spin. Ive cleaned the filter but it hasn't helped. Ive checked that the spin cycle is on the correct setting with no joy. Is there anywhere else that I may find a blockage and if so, how do I find? Thank you very much, Georgie
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm still waiting for my answer - just wondering whether I've be scammed?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question.

When you select the spin only cycle do you hear the drain pump running?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi, thank you so much for getting back to me. I was so worried that I'd been scammed or at least my husband made me feel that I had and so I'm relieved - thank you. I'm just running it now...
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

No worries. I think the question may have gone into the wrong section thats why it was missed till now. But anyway im here now and hopefully i can help you on this.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I've got 3 mins left before the end of this 'drain and spin' cycle. It's not actually spun yet but may be about to. It's just going round and round from one direction to another as expected? I haven't heard the usual glugging of the drain yet.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

Ok do you see what inside still?

What load is inside the washer?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It's now finally spinning with 1 min to go. I can see any water inside. It wasn't actually ever inside the machine as such, just very wet clothes
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I meant to say 'can't' see any water
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

Ok what load is inside the washer at the moment then?

Is it a single item or a full load?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
A single item - a sweater
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

Thats why its not spinning. Anti balance has kicked in which stops the washer from spinning.

The good news is theres nothing wrong with the washer. What you need to do is stop it and open the door and add 2 wet towels in there.

Then start a spin cycle again and im sure this will spin just fine from there.

Try that and see how it goes and let me know.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It has stopped spinning - just waiting for it to stop going round and round slowly, then for door to unlock. It looks like it's worked. I have a horrid feeling that the spinning speed cycle has been tampered with by my 5 year old. I came in and it was at 1200 instead of 1400. I thought I'd reset it before contacting you but I clearly hadn't reset it properly until just before this chat. I may be wrong - please bear with me.. machine still faffing.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

Not sure if you saw my last replie as they may have crossed over.

Just scroll up and have a look atmy last reply.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
just read it. I will do that as soon as I can open the door. It's been stuck on 1 min for ages. How do I stop the machine mid program?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry! Just managed to stop it. Am going to put in 2 wet heavy towels
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

No worries. I think that will sort it from there.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I think you could be right! I'll let you know - just started drain spin cycle again
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Oh, Daniel! You are right! I'm so grateful and happy and I can't thank you enough! Georgie
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

Your very welcome. Glad to hear its working again and thanks for letting me know.