Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Gorenje dishwasher that was flashing an E4 error. I

I have a Gorenje dishwasher that was flashing an E4 error. I went online and followed instructions to fix it. It seemed to work, but then the fuse blew on the wall socket, i replaced it but now i seem to have no lights or power to the machine. Any advice?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

Have you checked the fuse in the plug top itself for the dishwasher if it still has the plug on?

If so have you tried running the dishwasher from another socket?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is wired directly into the wall, no plug.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

Ok so if its wired directly and the power supply is good going to the dishwasher then what you need to do is remove the outer door panel and then you can remove the plastic control panel.

Then if you have a test meter you can check to see if theres 230v going to the dishwasher. If there is then unplug it again and remove the control board which you will see there.

Inspect this and see if theres signs of burning on there. If so then you need to replace the control board.

As for nothing to come on then its more then likely the control board has failed.

But there many be another fault in there which caused the control board to blow like this and take the fuse out. So you need to check it all out as otherwise you can replace the board but turn it on and it will blow again.

So you need to check the heater and wash motor under there. If you have a megger or insulation tester you need to test them for earth faults and see if any are faulty.