carlday1
carlday1, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have 5 years experience in repairing and maintaining small domestic appliances.
69505510

I have a Bosch Classixx 7 Condenser Dryer WTE84105GB/31. It

Customer Question

I have a Bosch Classixx 7 Condenser Dryer WTE84105GB/31. It is overheating a cutting out. I have tested the heating element with a multimeter. The terminals have continuity to each other and they do not have continuity to the case. I have also checked the thermostat which has continuity. I have cleaned out all the lint I could find. But the problem persists.
I know you mentioned a reset button in another post, but I haven't been able to find one.
What else can I try?
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. Does the dryer overheat in the low heat setting?

I think the dryer needs a new NTC it is located at the front of the machine in the front ducting.

The NTC is available here http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/00613753

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks Carl,
Yes is does overheat on the low setting. I've had the sensor out. No continuity with the multimeter.Does that suggest it's broken?Tashi
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 months ago.

Hi Tashi,

I am sure it is the NTC, to test it you would need to test it on the ohms setting and as you heat it the resistance should change.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Okay great,Thanks for you help. I'll rate you once I've got the new part in and see how the machine runs. So for, so good.Tashi
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Carl,I've replaced the NTC and it is still overheating. Any other ideas?