Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a beko lc 120 larder fridge which has ice in the drip

i have a beko lc 120 larder fridge which has ice in the drip tray and does not melt away down the outlet
Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: beko lc 120 10 years old
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if it easy to fix i will do it
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: do i need a new fridge
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

If you have ice forming in the drain gutter inside the fridge then im afraid this is down to an insulation fault in there. This happens when the foam insulation has dead spots in it or is breaking down which causes moisture to form there and then it turns into the ice.

The bad news is theres nothing you can do when this happens as the insualtion cannot be replaced or repaired. Im afraid its a new appliance here.

But this wont cause any issues with the temperture. But what it can cause is a lot of water to leak out at the bottom and all over the bottom of the fridge though.

Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.