Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an LG TD-C70045E drier. Despite the water container

I have an LG TD-C70045E drier. Despite the water container being completely empty, 1 minute into a drying cycle it stops, warning to empty the water. What can I do to stop this alarm happening? It's stopping any clothes from being dried.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

If the dryer is cutting out with the empty water light but the drawer is all clear then the water chamber at the back at the bottom will be blocked or its a faulty pump.

You need to remove the top and the left hand side panel.

From there you will see the 2 hoses that go to the drawer at the top running down the back to the bottom.

These go to the pump chamber.

You need to remove the pump from the chamber and clear the chamber out from there. Give it a full clean and then give the under side of the pump a clean as well.

Then refit the pump and retry the dryer and see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed this cures the fault from there.

But if the fault happens again then im afraid its more then likely a faulty drain pump and it will need to be replaced from there to cure it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Daniel, Not sure what I did particularly, but fiddled around with the pump as you suggested and it's now working well.