Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

My MC35J808 oven displays the message C-FO but is otherwise

My MC35J808 oven displays the message C-FO but is otherwise dead. What does the message mean?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

That error means that there is a Communication Failure in between the various electronic controls in the appliance. It is a bad error to get because so many things can cause it, including wiring and connection issues, a faulty controller, etc. However, it may also be caused by just a glitch that may be easily reset. Unplug the appliance for 5 full minutes to reset the electronics. Does the behavior change when plugged back in?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No effect.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

So from here it is a bit of a guessing game. Check all connections and wiring looms between all of the electronics and then replace the main board to start with if all appears to be okay. With this error, it is impossible to diagnose with any degree of certainty which part has failed if the wiring is good. I would strongly encourage you have it professionally repaired unless you have some electrical/electronic background/knowledge.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Thank you so much!