JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a De Longhi DFS 090 DO and suddenly the main oven

Hi there I have a De Longhi DFS 090 DO and suddenly the main oven will not come on yet the smaller right oven is fine. Any thoughts
Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: AS I said its a DeLonghi DFS 090 DO and its about 7/8 years old
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: All depends as I have no idea what has happened so probably get someone in
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: We are based in Rochdale OL12
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

When you turn the larger oven on does the interior light/fan come on, or does it show now sign of life at all?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It shows no sign of life at all
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

In that case it points to a fault with the function selector switch, I assum when you set the function switch to light only or right round to grill only your not seeing the light or the grill come on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that us correct nothing happens at all. One googled response was that it was the Thermal Limiter but to be honest I don't want to start buying parts and messing about with the cooker
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Its not the limiter, that wouldnt cause the fan to stop running if anything it keeps the fan running to cool the oven down.

This is clearly a hardware fault on the oven, and as a high energy appliance it is advisable to get a competent person out to repair the oven.

Give me a minute and I can recommend some local engineers.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

JI Domestic on 01706 395076
Appliance Centre on 0161(###) ###-####/p>

PC Repairs on 07435 970 051

CAC on 01706 356612

They all cover your area and have excellent recommendations from customers who have been referred.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for that I will give them a call
Thanks fir the advice
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

No problem, appreciate if you can rate the service received from me today using the star rating on this page.