JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

SMEG SC107SG-8 Please can anyone shed any light? The hob is

SMEG SC107SG-8
Please can anyone shed any light?The hob is working, the power is on to the oven as the lights are flashing behind the knobs, the display is totally blank and I can't reset, have switched on and off at switch.Thanks in advance
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

The lights which are flashing, are these the blue / circular lights around the control knob which are flashing, and if you set the function switch on the right to light only (11 o'clock position) does the oven light still not come on?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it is those lights. No, nothing happens.
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Ok, this is certainly a hardware fault, and it sounds like the clock/programmer interface has failed, you can pick up a new clock here for around £70, however there is a potential the main PCB has failed and due to the nature of the fault you cant really check to see if this is the case until you replace the clock, the main PCB costs around £190 from here.

Due to the costs of the parts, I would suggest you look to get a fixed price repair agreed with D&G, details are here, but they will come out and cover all part and labour costs, which would work out cheaper than calling someone local to repair the oven.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks. I will get in touch.
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

No problem, so I can close the case please rate the service received using the star rating on this page.