JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Siemens Dishwasher. It's about 18 years old but

I have a Siemens Dishwasher. It's about 18 years old but works fine. Over the summer we have had problems that it stops working associated with a power surge or outage. One time I had a technician reset it (which was complicated because it's integrated) the other time it just fixed itself. It's running i.e power is getting to it but no water seems to come in. I'm just wondering if I should invest the money I would spend on a technician toward a new machine as it's on the way out or is it worth it to get it repaired?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Hi Donna,

Based on the age of the appliance I would suggest your at the point of uneconomical repairs, and put the money towards a replacement.

A power surge which is locking it up is likely to suggest the main control board is on its way out, and they cost about £100 in parts alone, this particular fault is probably due to a failed inlet valve which would cost about £20 in parts and £50 labour.

More pressing is due to the age you will find the heater or circulation pump is probably end of life which would be another £150+ which can make the on going maintenance very costly.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks very much. That was my fear. I appreciate the insight. Great service!
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

So I can close the case please rate the service using the star rating on this page.

James